Monday, December 17, 2012

First Santa Visit

I was super excited to bring Grayson to see Santa this year.  Jason and I always go into Dallas to go shopping, and my favorite time is around Christmas.  The Santa at NorthPark is by far the best one I've seen over the years, and I always said that we would bring our baby there whenever he/she came!   We had to get it done this weekend because we leave for KC this week.  Saturday we got Grayson all ready and headed into Dallas.  We walk into the mall, and the guy at the Santa place tells us we have to take a number and our number would be called around 7pm and to come back then....it was noon.  What?!  I don't think he was aware that we drove half an hour to get there and that an 11 month old is not going to last at the mall for 7 hours.  I was so disappointed.  I thought about bringing him over to the Galleria, but figured that would be just as bad if not worse.  Soo...we walked around and did some shopping and just gave in to the fact we would have to bring him to the mall by our house...boooo.  As we were walking towards the entrance where we parked, we walked back by Santa and heard them call a number that was AFTER ours.  Excuse me?  It was like 3pm at that point, not 7!  So it ended up working out just great because we only had to wait another 10 min at that point.  Yea!

I really thought Grayson would do okay with Santa.  He's really not afraid of strangers, and smiles and waves at anyone who will look at him.  Not the case.  As soon as we walked into Santa's little house (they have a whole setup that looks like he's actually in his house in the North Pole..super cute) he started clinging onto me like a spider monkey.  It's like he knew where this was heading and was not feeling it.  I handed him over to Santa and he freaked out.  Started trying to lunge out of his arms, and screaming.  So that was fun.  I really didn't mind because I think that the crying baby pictures with Santa are funny.  Sorry Grayson.  Here's the pics from our day!








Happier times before we saw Santa

Merry Christmas everyone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment