Friday, January 25, 2013

12 month update

Wanted to update with his stats from his 12 month appointment!  Grayson was 32 inches tall (98th Percentile) and 24lbs 8oz (88th%).  Head circumference was 47.5 (84%).  Not sure what the point in the head circumference is, but they seem to find it important...so I'll add it in. :)

He did great at his doctor's appointment.  He is obviously a big boy, but he always has been.  He grew a whole three inches since his 9 month appointment!  Hopefully he gets his dad's height and not mine!  Looking like he's good in that department.

We went over several things at the appointment.  I was told that it is now time to get rid of the bottle.  Sad day.  This is literally the only time that I can get him to sit with me anymore.  He squirms out in about 2 seconds otherwise.  He LOVES his bottles too...so this might be a battle.  She wants to me stop cold turkey.  That's not going to happen.  First of all, I feel as though he will be starving.  If he's used to having 24 ounces of milk a day and then all the sudden it's gone, then what?  Cranky baby.  No thanks.  We're going to just slowly fade them out.  I like my pediatrician, but he ways are a little hardcore.  Not for me.  Sooo I basically just nod my head then leave the appointment and do what I want.

 She also told me not to give him his own food and he should be eating what I eat.  Hmm...nope.  Grayson gets a lot healthier food than I do!  Plus, he eats dinner at like 5:30, while we eat around 8.  Pretty sure he's gonna get his own food.  She also said I shouldn't be giving him baby food anymore, but he won't eat veggies unless they're out of the pouches that you suck down...so pouches it is.  Dr. Rogers will just have to get over it.  (Well, technically I just don't tell her...she thinks he's done ha).  I figure he won't be going to high school eating veggie pouches, so whatever.

I also chose at this appointment to delay his MMR vaccination.  I have done tons and tons of research on it, and am well aware that there is no research that says that this vaccination causes autism.  We learned a lot about the autism spectrum throughout my time in the School of Education as well.  I know in my mind that this vaccine is not the cause....BUT...I have also read way way way too many accounts from actual mothers that say that one day they have a healthy happy child who gives them hugs and kisses, they go get this shot, and a week later they have a different child.  Scares me to death.  I am NOT saying that I am not going to vaccinate him.  He has had all of his other vaccinations on schedule.   This is the one that freaks me out, and on the .000000001% chance that this could actually be the cause....well we'll just wait.  He's not in day care, and really isn't around other children like ever.  Kindermusik and occasionally at the park.  Even then he prefers to hang by me and the dogs :)  I will probably do the MMR at the 18 month appointment, depending on when I decide to put him in Mother's Day Out.  We'll see. :)

These have nothing to do with anything, I just like bath pics :)




OH!  BIG NEWS!!  Grayson actually said something and meant it!  This morning I was sitting on the couch and he was on the floor playing with his toys.  He went and grabbed his doggie blanket (the one he sleeps with), brought it over to me and said "nigh nigh nigh."  I just stared at him in disbelief, because it was about his nap time and he looked tired.  I said, "Grayson do you want to go night night?" (I always call bedtime night night).  We went into his room, and sat down in his glider to read a book.  I was about halfway through when he threw the book on the floor, turned around and immediately closed his eyes laying on my chest.  WHAT!  This is the kid that doesn't sleep!!  So, I definitely think he actually meant that he wanted to go night night!  Usually he freaks out at nap time, and cries himself to sleep.  Genius baby if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment