Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sweet Baby

Grayson,

I can't believe you are already 3 weeks old!!  I always hear moms say that babies grow up way too fast...but this is ridiculous!  Your daddy and I cannot imagine life without you now, and you are changing and growing everyday.  Today you smiled up at me and I melted.  Today was our first day by ourselves (grandma's have been helping take care of you until today).  We stayed in bed, and I let you sleep on me for 2 whole hours!  You are a happy baby, but you want what you want when you want it!  I would expect nothing less :)  I want each moment to last twice as long as I'm trying to soak in all of your newborn moments!  I'll be forever known as "Mom" now...which weirds me out and excites me at the same time.

So many things about motherhood have caught me by surprise: how hard it is, how incredibly amazing it is, how many diapers one 6 lb baby can go though, how defined your personality is already.  You lay on your daddy's chest every night before we go to bed, and it's about the sweetest thing I've ever seen.  You are his little mini me and it's adorable.


It still surprises me I was able to make such a perfect little being, and I am overwhelmed sometimes when I look at you!  I go through feeling gratitude for your existence, amazement at your tiny features, and even a strange and fleeting fear that you'll somehow be taken from me.  I am always exhausted and frequently intimidated by the job of raising you.  And yet-my love for you astounds me!


I could kiss this little face all day


You're swinging in your swing, and waking up as I type.  We'll cuddle for a few minutes before that little wrinkle between your eyes comes out and you're READY TO EAT!  Love you sweet baby boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment