Saturday, October 15, 2011

26 weeks

Alright, what's new this week??  Grayson's eyelids are fully open this week and can respond to bright light and blink.  He's about 14 inches long and almost 2 pounds.  Getting bigger and bigger!  I feel like my stomach has popped out more this week too.


Not the cutest of pics, but you get the idea.  You can definitely see the bump better in normal clothes!  

As far as how I'm feeling, I have been really good recently!  Well..other than my back that is.  That has gotten a lot worse this week.  I have never had back problems, and this is just plain horrible!  Since it's a nerve, it doesn't actually even feel like back pain, it's more just my left side/butt/leg.  Not fun that's for sure.  I look like a 90 year old walking around, and can't lift my left leg high enough to get up into our bed by myself.  I have started thinking that crutches would help a lot because when I don't put pressure down on my left leg it feels somewhat okay.  I don't think that they will give me crutches though with my center of gravity being off balance, so I'll probably just have to deal.  

I have my next doctor's appointment this coming Wednesday, and we get to have a sonogram!  Yea!  I love sonograms-so fun to see the little guy in there.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything is okay and the placenta has moved up in the uterus.  If it hasn't, I won't be coming back to KC for Thanksgiving (most likely).  I won't be able to fly, and with my back the way it is, I can't sit in a car for 8 hours. :(  After the appointment this week I move to appointments every 2 weeks.  I'm thinking I could get another sonogram in before Thanksgiving to see if it had moved by then.  

We have started working a little bit more on the nursery.  I have swatches from his bedding that I was able to take to Home Depot to compare for paint colors.  
Okay, ignore the fact that it is called "Cinderella Bedroom/Bathroom Color Palette" and that the swatches are little high heels.  They are obviously from the Disney line :)  We are going to be adding a chair rail to the room.  Below the chair rail will be "Bibbidi Bobbidi Blue" and above is going to be "Blustery Day."  I had originally wanted to do a design on the bottom (harliquen diamonds or stripes) but our bedding/glider/curtains have enough print, so I think we're just going to do solid colors.  They look really cute next to each other, and go really well with the baby blue part of his bedding!  So excited to get it all together!  His room is going to be baby blue, black and white.  We also ordered his glider, but it won't be here until Nov/Dec.  They said it might come in earlier, so I will put up a pic when it comes.  

This pic has nothing to do with the baby...but I'm pretty sure she's the cutest pug in the world. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment