Friday, October 21, 2011

27 weeks

I had my doctor's appointment on Wednesday of this week.  We got to get another sonogram in order for them to check on the placement of the placenta.  Unfortunately, this one wasn't quite as fun as the one where we found out "he" was a he!  It was much more medical related, and we only got to see his sweet little face for a minute.  Here is at 26 weeks 5 days:


His heartbeat sounded great, and apparently our little baby is HUGE!  He weighed in at 2 lbs 4 oz.  According to my book, average weight for this week is 1.7 lbs.  So yea.  He's big.  Most babies are 2.5 lbs at week 31.  I'm going to be like that lady you hear in the news that has a 15 pound baby.  

Anyway, back to the appointment.  All is well with Grayson, but my placenta is still measuring low.  It's at 1.5" away from the cervix, and they want me at 3" away.  Good news is, it's not covering the cervix, so I get to fly home for Thanksgiving!  Bad news is, it's still only halfway to where they want it to be at this weeks time.  They are going to do another sonogram at my next appointment in November to see if there is any progress.  The doctor sounded optimistic that it would move, so I'm trying to stay in that mind frame.  Worst case scenario now is that I have to have a c-section.  I would rather not do that, but I'm trying to start preparing myself now for if that has to happen.  If he is in fact 15 pounds, c-section will be welcomed :) Other than that, all is pretty normal!  I had to do the glucose test, which was gross.  You drink a orange drink that looks like gatorade.  At first..not too bad!  Then it starts tasting like Triamenic (remember that orange "cough medicine" that you had as a kid that didn't really do anything for your cough?)  It got really syrupy and not pleasant.  They said there is not a whole lot that can be done with my back...suffer it out.  He said massages might help, so I am taking advantage, and going for one today!  

We are going to paint the nursery this weekend, so hopefully I will have some updated nursery pics next week!  

27 week belly, heading out to cheer on the Rangers!  

1 comment:

  1. Prepare yourself for a labor that goes either way! That's my lesson learned...that way, no matter what happens, you know the outcome and expectations. It's scary if you are uninformed and give things sprung on you! You look WONDERFUL! I love the belly :)

    ReplyDelete