Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Finished Nursery...Finally!!

I finally finished his nursery!!  I know, it's about time.  I am really really happy with the way that it turned out!  

Looking into his room from the hallway














So there it is!  It's not very "babyish" which is exactly what I wanted.  I am not a huge fan of the boys stuff that they have out there...it's all firetrucks and airplanes.  Sooo I went with sports (hopefully he likes sports ha) but with more of a vintage theme.  I love the way the colors turned out, and am really happy with it!!  Now we just need a baby to put in it!!  

Yesterday was the 19th of December, and my dute date is Jan 19..so do the math!  Craziness.  I have been feeling pretty good recently.  Starting to get more and more uncomfortable, which is to be expected.      I had my 35 week appointment last week, and everything went pretty well.  My nurse was concerned about my size and measured my belly at 30 cm (it's supposed to coincide with how many weeks you are-so I should be 35cm).  My doctor came in after that, and basically poked around at my stomach and said he was head down and felt good, then left.  I went home thinking everything was great, then got a voicemail the next day from a nurse saying that Dr. Read wanted to do a sonogram.  Freaked me out!!  I called back and was only able to talk to the front desk lady...I told her to have a nurse call me back to explain what was going on.  FINALLY at the end of the day she calls me back and said that they basically just have to make sure that the baby is growing correctly and all of his measurements are okay since I am measuring small.  She was very reassuring, but it definitely scared me all day!  Of course, I had been on google and saw worst case scenarios as to why people measure the way they do and about made myself sick all day while I was waiting.  Ugh.  I feel better now, but hopefully they'll do the sono and everything will be fine.  It confused me though because they had always said he was big, now all of the sudden they think he's not growing....I don't know.  We'll see next Wednesday.  

Here's me at 35 weeks:


Christmas is this weekend!  How is it already here?!  It's just starting to hit me we really actually won't be back in KC this year.  It's going to be really sad :(  There is a methodist church near our house that does a candlelight Christmas Eve service just like our church back home, so that'll be nice.  Then O'Bryan's will be here, so it'll still be good, just different!  We will Skype with my family during present time Christmas Eve.  I need to get stocking stuffers for the doggies so we have something to open Christmas morning!  Alright that's about all, I'll update next week after I get info about little man's growth!  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Look at that cute little bump!!! I can't believe Grayson is almost here :) New pic please!

    ReplyDelete