Thursday, August 18, 2011

ONE MORE WEEK!!!

I am so excited it's not even funny.  Only one more week until we find out if our little one is a boy or a girl!    Yeahhhhh!!!!  I remember in May thinking about how far away the end of August felt, and now it's here!  Well...almost here.  In one week it will be here.  Actually, it's 6 days if we're gonna be exact.  I really am impressed with all those moms out there that can wait to find out.  I have no patience whatsoever, so I don't think that would work out for me.  We had said that we might not find out the sex for the second one.  We will see.  Probably won't happen.

We hit the 18 week mark today, woo hoo!  According to my email, little O is yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing.   Trust me, I can tell!  I actually started laughing out loud last night when he/she kicked.  It was so powerful for such a little thing!  Baby O is the size of sweet potato.  Since I do not like sweet potatoes, I do not know what size that is.  I'm guessing slightly bigger than the onion it was last week.

In my Day by Day pregnancy book, it told me that people will slowly become fascinated with my ever growing tummy.  Apparently, according to the book, people will want to see the belly, touch the belly, and kiss the belly.  Excuse me, what?!  I don't care if people want to touch my stomach (if I know you that is, rando strangers stay away) but if any one of you tries to kiss my stomach, we are no longer friends.  That is the creepiest thing I've ever heard.

It also says that we need to start looking at prenatal classes.  Are these really necessary?  I need to look more into these.  I feel as though I will not like them.  I mean you just breathe a lot, get the drugs as soon as they let you, and push.  I need more info...

Here's me at 18 weeks:


My stomach has actually changed a lot in the last week.  It is hard as a rock, especially when the baby pushes its way to the front and feel it moving.  My book says I should have gained about 11 pounds by this week mark...I've gained 4 so far.  Hmm.  I'm sure I'll catch up, but I'm not really sure how I can change what I'm doing already.  If you know me at all, you know that I'm not the healthiest of eaters.  I love my french fries.  I have been trying to eat more healthy foods since the baby needs it, but I get bored of healthy stuff.  I eat quite a bit of fruit, and cantaloupe is soo good right now! We cook at home mostly, but I have been a frequent visitor of Taco Bueno, Sonic (I can't eat enough tator tots with cheese....but I couldn't eat enough of that before I got pregnant, so that's no different).  I've been on a Nerds kick, which Baby O seems to like since it always moves after I eat them haha.  I also decided I really needed those Hostess cupcakes after I saw a commercial for it.  You know the black ones with the white squiggle?  Haven't had one of those since like 5th grade...and Ho Ho's...got some of those too.  Yum.  

Jason's in KC for a few days, so I'm holding down the fort with the puppies.  Tax free weekend this weekend, might need to do some shopping.  One week til we get to stop calling the baby "it" get excited! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment