Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's a...

BOY!!!
It's official: we're having a little boy!  It's still setting in :)  Jason and I could not be more excited!  Honestly, we would have been really excited either way...but it's just so awesome knowing there's a HE inside my tummy!  So here's exactly how our day went yesterday:

We had our sonogram at 3:40 then the doctor's appointment directly following.  Jason usually just meets me at the doctor's office straight from work, but he came home so that we could drive together for this one. We had decided that we wanted the way that we found out to be special.  I bought a card that had little baby feet on the outside and was blank on the inside so that the ultrasound technician could write whether it's a boy or a girl on the inside.  We were going to be opening it later that night at dinner.  This was the most fun sonogram EVER!  We could really see what the baby looked like.  The other sonograms that we have had were basically just the outline of a baby, you really couldn't see features quite yet (probably because they weren't there yet ha).  The technician was awesome, and really explained to us what we were seeing.  At one point the little guy was doing a complete backbend, you could see his little spine arched like he was about to do a backflip.  So funny.  He moved all around the whole time, it was so fun.  She finally was able to get a profile view, and I must say he is very cute :)  I might be biased!  Pretty funny, as soon as Jason saw the profile he said he has my nose and my parents said the same thing.  Crazy to see his little features!  Anyway, she was so sweet and turned the screen around when she was looking to see if she saw anything "down there".  She then had us leave and wrote in the card.  We saw the doctor, and everything looks great so far!  He was actually measuring at 19 weeks 3 days (yesterday I was actually 18 wks 6 days) so he's big!

We left the appointment and went straight to an early dinner.  We went to the Reata in downtown Ft. Worth.  We were sooo anxious, but ordered dinner before we opened the card.  Finally, I opened it saw the "It's a Boy" and started crying.  Note: if you know me, I DO NOT CRY.  I was shocked and couldn't stop!  It reminded me of the Grinch when Jim Carrey says "I'm leaking!"when he started to cry.  It was just really overwhelming and exciting all at the same time.  Jason was looking at me like WHAT IS IT???  I showed him the card and he was just grinning from ear to ear.

Our waitress had asked if we were there for a special occasion (we had presents...explain in a min).  We told her what we were doing, and later told her it was a boy!  The Reata was unbelievable.  They brought out a dessert with a little blue candle and chocolate icing that said "it's a boy, congratulations!"  So nice!  They also gave us a Congratulations card signed by the wait staff.  I was really impressed.

The presents: Jason and I had each bought one boy and one girl outfit to wrap and give each other when we found out what we were having.  (We'll just be returning the girl outfits...unless Jayme has a girl, fingers crossed!)  It was really fun opening up little boy clothes, makes it so exciting!  After dinner, we called my everyone to let them know the good news.  When I called Brett and Courtney, I was on speaker.  They started yelling and cheering and telling Patrick that he was going to have a little boy cousin friend...and he started crying as if on cue.  It was really funny...figured he'd rather have a boy than a girl but maybe not! :)

I didn't get as many pics as I should have, but here's what I have:

Sorry, these were scanned weird. 


Happy Daddy

If you click on this to make it bigger, you can see that the sonogram pic she put inside has an arrow pointing to his little pee pee haha



Oh!  I'm also 19 weeks today!  That is boring compared to the other news :)  The baby is the size of a mango.  Tooth buds are now in place under the gums, the eyebrows have thickened and are clearly visible, and he has a straight spine.  I still feel him moving and kicking everyday...maybe he'll be like his daddy and be a soccer player.  I am sick less and less, which is AWESOME.  Overall, starting to feel a lot better!  Some of my pants are getting snug, so I think the bella band will need to be purchased this weekend.  

I guess you're just gonna always get workout attire, since that's basically what I wear everyday :)

Alright, this post was REALLY long, but we want to be able to look back and remember everything!  Hopefully we will have a name pinned down here soon-it's between two and it's up to Jason so it's a waiting game until he decides :)  


2 comments:

  1. I love the way you guys found out! And that is so fun what the restaurant did for you:) Patrick really IS excited to have a boy cousin-he just can't wait for him to get here! Love the posts. Keep em coming. Your tum is really starting to pop too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A sweet, lil, handsome baby boy!!! I get goose bumps when I read your posts. It's such an amazing feeling. You are a mom already...lots goes into growing that baby. But wait till you have an outside baby...you will be a blubbering mess! It's fabulous. I know you know all of this already, but from a new mom....I love this phase of life for you two. Live it up! It flies...even though it creeps by. You forget it all so quickly. Use this blog :) You look outstanding and what a memorable way to find out. I LOVE IT! Here's to Baby O and his wonderful parents<3

    ReplyDelete