Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ohhhh we're halfway there!!

Bon Jovi reference if you didn't catch that....but we're at the halfway point today!  So weird to already be halfway done.  I am really looking forward to this second half though because the first half was not so fun. Too much sick time for my liking.  I am SO MUCH BETTER now though!  I haven't gotten sick in like a week and a half, so I think that's a new record :)  The last couple of days have been a little rough for some reason.  I had literally zero energy.  I would clean the house for 20 min, then have to sit down.  Sad, I know.  Then, all the sudden today I'm better!  Apparently the little guy got mad at me for a couple days.  He is still moving around like crazy.  I always feel him right after lunch, then again around 3 or 4, then pretty much all evening off and on.  I think he's a night owl like his mommy because he likes to do somersaults and karate kicks around midnight.  

Here's the 20 week belly pic:

It's kind of blurry for some reason.  My phone wouldn't take a clear picture, and I didn't really care to fix it so that's what you get!  As you can see, my shorts still fit (round of applause for finally getting a picture without running shorts).  I say every week I'm going to go get a bella band, I just haven't done it yet.  As long as I can button up my pants I don't want to fool with it.  I have a feeling I don't have much longer until I have no choice though.  Everything is definitely snug and I've gained a few more lbs so I'm on my way. 

So what's going on with little man this week?  First of all, let's talk about how he is apparently the size of a cantaloupe.  What?!  That is HUGE!!  He is also bigger than his "projected due date" so does that mean he's an even bigger cantaloupe?  That's seems absolutely gigantic to me.  Moving on-his taste buds are working and I guess he can taste what I'm eating!  Hope he likes french fries.  His fingernails are growing..and he's the size of a cantaloupe.  Can't get over that.  

Some stuff I forgot to put in last week because I was too excited about the gender announcement:  the sonogram showed that my cyst is completely gone!  Yeah for that!  It also showed that I have a really low cervix.  The doctor said that we will do another sonogram around the 30-35 week mark to check on it.  He said that they are hoping to see that the placenta moves up as the uterus grows.  I have read a little more about it, and it can be kinda scary.  He told me if there is ANY bleeding at all to call the office immediately (which I would do anyway cause that would freak me out!)  Worst outcome would be that if it isn't any "higher" later in pregnancy I would be put on bed rest or admitted to the hospital for the last 5 or so weeks of the pregnancy.  Which would mean Christmas in the hospital, so let's hope it moves up!!  I guess it can just cause premature labor so it needs to be watched.  I have awhile 'til then though so keep your fingers crossed it works itself out like my cyst!

Alright that's all for this week.  We've been looking at nursery furniture/paint ideas/etc.  I know we're doing a sports room (already bought a few items for it).  Once we start getting stuff done I'll post pics of the work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment