Thursday, September 29, 2011

24 weeks

Seems I just skipped right past the 23 week mark.  I've been really busy for the last week.  Last Wednesday I headed back to KC for the week.  Sad to leave Jason and the doggies, but it was really nice to be home for a bit!  I was able to see just about everyone it seemed!  Papaw and Marianna came into town on Thursday, so I got to spend a lot of time with them.  I know I said that I would get a bunch of pictures, but I forgot.  Oops.  I did get a few though.  Friday we had a birthday dinner for me and my dad out at the farm, then headed into the Plaza Art Fair later that night.  Saturday, I got to hang out with Patrick all morning!  He's getting so big!!!  Crazy how quickly they grow :(  Then we went to the Legends of the Phog game up at Allen.  SO FUN.  Brandy and I sat together in a couple of my uncle's seats.  I had goosebumps during the entire intro video--so many players came back.  The best part was definitely the introductions.  Sunday, we had a Gray family dinner with all my of dad's side of the family.  Worked out really well that I was back in town for this and got to see everyone!  We have lots of babies on the way on the Gray side.  I am due in January, my cousin Tommy's wife is due in Feb, and my cousin Beth is due in March.  Should be a busy Christmas next year!  The rest of the time I just hung out and enjoyed spending time with the family.  Here are a few pics from the trip:

Great Grandpa and Patrick



Patricks first time at Allen Fieldhouse!  (He had to have his own ticket)



Alright so new baby info:  I went to the doctor last Tuesday before I left for a checkup.  Grayson looks great.  His heartbeat sounded good, and he is positioned correctly.  I asked Dr. Read about flying, since I already have my flight booked for Thanksgiving.  He said that the latest you should fly is 32-34 weeks.  My flight back to KC, I will just be turning 31 weeks, and then will be almost 33 when I come back to TX.  Because of the placement of my placenta (discussed in an earlier blog) I have to get another sonogram at my next appointment to see if it has moved or not.  Basically, my placenta is too low and covering my cervix (which is also low).  I get my next sonogram on October 19, and I am REALLY keeping my fingers crossed that it has moved.  Chances are that is has.  As the uterus grows, the placenta should move.  If it doesn't however, I will not be able to fly back. :(  Not good.  This is when I was planning on having my baby shower, as well as celebrate Thanksgiving with everyone (since we definitely can't travel for Christmas!)  I won't know anything until the next appointment, so it's not really worth worrying about right now!  

Grayson facts:  Average weight at 24 weeks is about a pound and a half!  Apparently he is outgrowing the fruit references, because he has been a papaya for awhile now.  His face is almost fully formed, complete with a set of eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair on his head.  I guess the hair is white right now because there isn't any pigment yet.  I have been feeling pretty good lately!  One new thing:  my back started KILLING ME.  I have been told that at the middle to end of the pregnancy, Grayson starts to settle in the proper position for birth.  That's great, but apparently his head settles on the sciatic nerve in the lower part of my spine.  Ow.  It definitely hurts...and will hang around til he comes, so that's fun.  

Alright, that is all for now!  Here's a couple of belly pics:
Almost 23 weeks, going out for my birthday 

24 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment