Thursday, September 15, 2011

Twenty Two!

Today is the 22nd week mark!  This is the last week in my fifth month...crazy!  It seems weird to me that next week I'll be 6 months pregnant.  Time has flown!  Info about Grayson this week:  He is the size of a papaya....once again, not sure if I've ever seen a papaya, so this reference is lost on me.  He's about a foot long and weighs about a pound.  Growing growing growing!  Apparently stretch marks might start showing up soon...really hoping that doesn't happen...but if it happens it happens I guess.  I got this really thick shea butter from L'occitane that I use everyday.  Maybe it'll keep them away?  We'll see :)  ALSO it says that since he's taking up so much space my belly button could pop out any day now as well.  Not excited about that one.  Never been a fan of the outie.  His eyes and lips are more developed, making him look more and more like a newborn.  He's also starting sleep cycles, about 12 to 14 hours per day.  I must say, it's getting more and more obvious when he is awake.  He decided to wake up around 5am this morning and "play" until around 9.  Fun for Angie-caught up on my DVR!  It also tells me I'll have trouble catching my breath as he starts crowding my lungs.

Here's the 22 week belly:

It has definitely popped out a lot more in the last week.  For the first time, this past weekend, I actually looked pregnant in clothes!  So that was exciting.  I think I'm going to start taking my weekly pictures with a shirt on...it's actually a little easier to see the bump that way.  (Although I think you can really finally see it here too!)  I'm still a little smaller than normal, but whatever.  I go to the doctor again next Tuesday, and I am sure he is healthy as can be.  He moves alllll the time.  You can see my stomach move when he kicks really hard, it's kinda creepy haha.  

I ordered the bedding, which I am SUPER excited about!  I ended up doing custom bedding so that I could pick out the fabric that I wanted and everything.  It won't get here until almost November, but she is sending me swatches of all the different fabrics so that I can start looking at paint colors and everything!  I love doing his room...really fun!  

As for non-baby news:  not a whole lot new going on!  Jason's been busy with work (always good) and the dogs and I are just waiting for fall to get here!  We've still had pretty hot weather (Bailey's over it, she can't breathe out there).  I go to KC next Wednesday though and they're projecting cooler weather, so I'm excited to break out the fall clothes.  I went through my closet yesterday to determine what will work and what won't with my new tummy.  I am going to try to stay away from maternity clothes as much as possible, and just wear my more flowy stuff.  I'm not into the maternity fashions-I'm hoping to find one pair of cute jeans and they can carry me through the next few months!  Alright, I'll be in Kansas next week, so doubt I update.  I'll take lots of pics with Papaw and the fam (it's birthday week for me and my dad!) so I'll add those too.  

Oh..since this is my scrapbook, I have to put this in so that I have it:
I have the sweetest husband ever.  He found sidewalk chalk and wrote this on our patio for me to find when I let the dogs out the other morning.  Little things like this are the best things ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment