Thursday, September 8, 2011

21 weeks

Happy 21st week to little baby boy!  As you can see, still no name.  Boo.  Hopefully that will be figured out soon!  I am wanting to get started on his bedding, and I'm going to have it made....and his name will be embroidered in the bumper.....sooo we need a name :)  It's between 2, and I like both so we will see!  We are lucky we are having a boy, because boy names are easy for me.  Girls names on the other hand were extremely difficult!  Good thing we don't have to worry about that right now.

Here's the belly at 21 weeks:

Not sure how much the belly is progressing.  I did however FINALLY go buy the bella bands, so that's exciting.  It finally got cool here for a few days (as in high of 90 instead of 108) so I wore jeans one day.  I was pretty excited about it since I am so completely over this hot weather.  Anyway, the jeans can still button, but by the end of the day I was very ready to change.  My stomach pops out more as the day goes on (probably because of food that is constantly going in it).  I have still been loving the fruit.  Along with the fruit I have also been eating a lot of Fruit Loops and Fruity Pebbles.  Coincidence?  

Baby news this week: his hands are moving constantly, reaching out to touch his face or clutch at the umbilical cord.  Every bone in his body now has bone marrow and is capable of producing blood cells.  He is the size of a large banana measuring in around 9.7 inches and 8.8 ounces.  His arms and legs are finally in proportion, so he no longer looks like a T-Rex..so that's a good thing.  He's still moving like crazy, and I actually saw my shirt move when he kicked really hard the other day.  So weird.  

Jason and I are slowly thinking about how we're going to do the nursery, and some changes around the house as well.  We are getting new carpet put in throughout the house on Saturday, which I am VERY excited about.  I have hated our carpet since we moved in (it's berber) and it's really rough.  Plus it is gross.  We had it cleaned about 6 months ago, but I still would rather just have new carpet for the baby to crawl around on when the time comes!  So that's fun.  Other than that, not a whole lot new with us O'Bryan's.  I have planned a couple of trips back to KC so that'll be good.  I'm heading home at the end of Sept. for about a week to see my grandpa when he's in town.  I'm also flying up the week before Thanksgiving with Jayme and the boys and plan to have my shower then!  Should be interesting with me and Jayme being super pregnant dealing with the boys on a plane haha.  I'm excited to head home for two long chunks of time, because after the baby's born it might be a bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment